Sunday, July 27, 2008

Summer Life

Wow has time gone by fast...I am having a hard time believing that it is the last week in July. Well, I know that I am not very good at this but I will update you on what has been going on. Since graduation Stephen and I have been busy. I am currently working at our church here in Watertown as the Administrative Secretary. It was truly a blessing from God because I was having a lot of problems at Carters with church and other situations and I felt that I could better serve at a different location, but at the time I did not have another job so I was going to live with the situations and be as happy as I could because that is what God had provided me with. Well, due to some family situations the former church secretary had to quit and the Pastor asked me if I would be willing to take the position. I was excited and was going to work both places over the summer to keep me busy while Stephen was at Chaplain Training, but after a long time of praying Stephen and I felt it would be best if I let my job at Carters go. It is good though because with school coming up I needed something that would be flexible with classes and now I am able to go to every church service. It is amazing how God provides!
So...it has only been 2 weeks since Stephen went to Fort McCoy for Chaplain Training and I am missing him more than ever. But it is the sacrifices that bring us closer together, and I am excited about our new life. Yes...being apart is no fun at all but to hear him so excited about what is going on where he is at, and how he is ministering to the soldiers is amazing! It makes me so excited to be done with school (even though it hasn't started yet) and be ministering to the different people that we will meet in the Service. Don't get me wrong, it is exciting ministering here in Watertown too, but Stephen and I are really excited about our ministry to the Soldiers and their families. Just these past 10 days Stephen has been in major training. He has been working with and learning from a Chaplain at Fort McCoy. Stephen, the Chaplain and a bunch of different units have been on a secluded part of the base and training for what would actually happen in Iraq. During this time there was a major health concern of one of the Soldiers, which resulted in him (the soldier) being sent to Mayo Health Clinic in Rochester, MN. Well, Stephen got a hold of some of the local Bible believing pastors in Rochester and those pastors were able to lead that young soldier to the Lord. HOW EXCITING, and to hear Stephen talk about it over the phone was exciting to me and made us even more anxious to get started in the ministry God has called us to. During these past two weeks that Stephen has been gone he has gotten his Humvee Licence and is learning a lot from the different Chaplains that he is working under. He still has three more weeks to go before he can come home. Which in all honesty is a bummer, but we are excited because Stephen gets to learn more about what he is called to do.
And don't worry...he is close enough this time that I get to go visit! Which I am excited because I get to see him on Friday!!! I am also excited because I am going back to MN for a week and am going to visit my family, whom I miss greatly! That is it for now, and hopefully I can get better at updating you on our adventure. So far it has been an interesting one and a truely blessed one. God is so amazing and to be one step closer to His will is exciting!

No comments: