Friday, February 29, 2008

A New Chapter

Two Thousand and Eight is definitely a new chapter in our life. We are now in WI. So what brought us to WI you ask? Stephen needs his masters to be a Chaplain in the Army. He started classes January 7th. It was a shock that we were moving so fast. We originally planned to move here in May after graduation, but the end of November 2007 we decided it would be best to move and have Stephen get a head start on classes after I had finished the classes I needed for my degree. It was a rush! I had classes, finals, work, and moving on my mind. We needed to have all of our stuff packed by the 15th of December (Which was the day after finals!). But God gave us the sanity to get through it! :)
When we finally arrived to live in WI on the 6th of January after a great vacation in Arizona! It was really stressful because we could not find jobs. We applied for what seemed like every business here. I had one interview that did not work out, and Stephen had maybe 4 or 5 and nothing looked promising. After a month of being here we were getting really stressed and wondered if we were really doing what we originally thought was the Lord’s plan for our life at the time. Even though we were stressed and doubted if we were in the Lord’s will, He is always faithful. It was awesome to see the Lord provide for our needs even though we did not know what was going to happen.
Now the Lord has provided me with two jobs that I love. I work as a Substitute Teacher for a preschool called Kiddie Kampus which is run by Maranatha, and also as an Assistant Manager for a store called Carter’s. Working with kids is awesome, and it’s a really good way to show Christ to children that come from stressful home situations. Stephen is working for a company called Eaton. It is a type of HVAC manufacturing company. He likes it. He says it’s clean, quiet and the people he works with are nice. He is also really enjoying school, and I can’t wait until the fall when I am also going to be working on my Masters.
Through all of this Stephen and I are learning many different things. The most important is to trust the God that is faithful! He has always provided years before us and He will continue to provide long after us, until He comes again.

3 comments:

Judith said...

Wow! that was beautiful! Nice job, Heather!

Janice said...

Thanks for sharing your life lessons with us. There is no greater joy than to watch family members walk with the Lord! It's also good to hear that you've found jobs- we've been praying about that.

Janice said...

Thanks for sharing your life lessons with us. There is no greater joy than to watch family members walk with the Lord! I'm also glad you've gotten jobs - we've been praying about that. Aunt Janice